Revenge of the Nerds

Revenge of the Nerds


The pointy-headed boss who speaks in the article, is an experience that I have had to live, there are people who are in charge of the area of ​​technology, but are not related to it. For them it is very easy to say in what programming language they are going to be programmed, but they are not able to understand the advantages and disadvantages of programming languages, because it is simply something they do not know and have not studied.

Many times they allow themselves to be guided by what the competition or other people do, without first analyzing the advantages and disadvantages that they may have when using that programming language.

Knowing several programming languages ​​gives you the ability to know which is going to solve the problem better, you can make less lines of code with one, but it does not look completely good. That is why the importance of knowing from the most basic programming language, to the most advanced.

The article talks about how with Lisp you can reduce a code of 20 lines in C, to 1 line of code in Lisp, at first I did not believe it, but as we started using Lisp I realized some of the advantages that It has this programming language. I am not yet an expert to be able to say how good Lisp is, but as I read more and more about the advantages of Lisp, I can say that it is a programming language with many advantages.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

The Roots of Lisp

Triumph of Nerds II

Language as the Ultimate Weapon